skip to main content

Connellan Hangar

Alice Springs Darwin Katherine Ulu r u Kings Canyon

Connellan Hangar is a pre-fabricated Sidney Williams steel-framed curved roof hangar clad in galvanised corrugated iron.

The former Connellan Airways Hangar - now known as the Central Australian Aviation Museum - is the only substantial structure remaining from the Alice Springs Town Aerodrome which operated from 1921 until 1968. The Central Australian Aviation Museum is testimony to the community's high regard for the aviation industry in general and to Connellan Airways in particular for the service it provided to the remote outback of the Northern Territory.

The name commemorates EJ (Eddie) Connellan (1912-1983) who established the first aerial mail delivery service in Central Australia and contracted to the Royal Flying Doctor Service, both of which he commenced in 1939.

  • Informationen

    Activities

    • Historical Sites and Heritage Locations

    Facilities

    • Carpark

    Activities

    • Walk

    Zugänglichkeit

    Suitable for guests with sufficient mobility to climb two or three steps, but would benefit from fixtures and fittings to aid balance. Suitable for guests who depend on the use of a wheelchair in a seated position at all times. Suitable for guests with a hearing impairment, from mild hearing loss to profoundly deaf. Suitable for guests with a vision impairment. Attained by providing for guests with partial vision impairment or total loss of useable vision.

  • Map

    Map

    Was ist in der Nähe?

    What's nearby

    Das Northern Territory erkunden
    RoutenvorschlägeFlugstrecke