skip to main content

Connellan Hangar

Alice Springs Darwin Katherine Ulu r u Kings Canyon

Connellan Hangar is a pre-fabricated Sidney Williams steel-framed curved roof hangar clad in galvanised corrugated iron.

The former Connellan Airways Hangar - now known as the Central Australian Aviation Museum - is the only substantial structure remaining from the Alice Springs Town Aerodrome which operated from 1921 until 1968. The Central Australian Aviation Museum is testimony to the community's high regard for the aviation industry in general and to Connellan Airways in particular for the service it provided to the remote outback of the Northern Territory.

The name commemorates EJ (Eddie) Connellan (1912-1983) who established the first aerial mail delivery service in Central Australia and contracted to the Royal Flying Doctor Service, both of which he commenced in 1939.

旅行交易和优惠