The former Connellan Airways Hangar - now known as the Central Australian Aviation Museum - is the only substantial structure remaining from the Alice Springs Town Aerodrome which operated from 1921 until 1968.
The Central Australian Aviation Museum is testimony to the community's high regard for the aviation industry in general and to Connellan Airways in particular for the service it provided to the remote outback of the Northern Territory.
The name commemorates EJ (Eddie) Connellan (1912-1983) who established the first aerial mail delivery service in Central Australia and contracted to the Royal Flying Doctor Service, both of which he commenced in 1939.
Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids) Caters for people who use a wheelchair. Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss. Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.
Travel deals & offers
Top End Natural Highlights Eco Adventure
4 nights from $769pp*
Was $921pp, save 17%*