The Outback Way travelling through the Red Centre region is a great four-wheel driving adventure with legendary landscapes, bold colours and impressive night skies.
The Outback Way is Australia’s longest shortcut and is an adventure you’ll never forget. The drive is made up of seven inter-connecting roads that take you from Laverton, Western Australia, through to Alice Springs in the Northern Territory and finishes in Winton, Queensland.
The track cuts right through the middle of Australia covering a total of 2,800 kilometres. You will need a four-wheel-drive to complete this track as you mainly travel along unsealed roads. This route almost halves the trip time if you were to travel via sealed roads…who doesn’t love a shortcut?
The Outback Way passes through many different types of climates, landscapes and Australian scenery – so make sure you have your camera ready!
Outback Way top 5
- Fossick for gems at Gemtree
- Try a bush tucker tour in Alice Springs to sample local Indigenous foods
- Take a camel ride at sunset to witness the beauty of Uluru and Kata Tjuta
- Enjoy a dinner under the stars with Uluru as the backdrop at the Sounds of Silence dinner
- Take a side trip from Alice Springs and explore the outback waterholes and hiking trails of Tjoritja/West MacDonnell National Park
Remember to plan your trip with these road safety tips before starting your Northern Territory drive adventure.
Scarica l’itinerario della Outback Way
Punti salienti dell’itinerario Outback Way
Percorsi stradali nel Northern Territory
Cerca e prenota
Trova alberghi, tour, attività ed eventi nel endorse
Resta in contatto
Registrati per ricevere le ultime notizie, le offerte e le informazioni di viaggio relative al Northern Territory Informativa sulla privacy dei dati personali
I tuoi dati sono stati inviati. Controlla la tua casella di posta e clicca sul link fornito per confermare la registrazione.