Arnhem Way Arnhem Land (Katherine - Nhulunbuy)
Drive the Arnhem Way and discover one of Australia's last unspoilt areas. From Katherine to Nhulunbuy on the Gove Peninsula – be prepared for an adventure.
Considered one of Australia’s last unspoilt areas, Arnhem Land is just waiting to be discovered. The Central Arnhem Road starts 50 km south of Katherine and finishes in Nhulunbuy on the Gove Peninsula.
When travelling to Arnhem Land you will require a permit from the Northern Land Council. These permits are necessary to preserve the culture and beauty of the region.
Arnhem Land offers unique Aboriginal cultural experiences. Take a locally guided tour or visit the art and craft galleries to gain a deeper understanding of the traditional practices that are still used today.
The Arnhem Land coastline is home to some of Australia’s most pristine beaches just waiting to be explored. Join a fishing charter and spend the day reeling in impressive sports fish or take a bush walk through stunning wetlands where you can spot native wildlife and rare birds.
You’ll find some of the best sports fishing in the world with the opportunity to catch Red Emperor, Spanish Mackerel and Coral Trout. Make sure you jump on a blue water fishing experience with one of the charter tours available based in Nhulunbuy/Gove.
Arnhem Way top 10
- Explore the beaches and fresh water holds of the Dhimurru recreational areas on a four-wheel drive camping adventure
- Jump on a scenic charter flight and see the fantastic coastline and wildlife from above
- Visit Buku-Larrnggay Mulka Art Centre at Yirrkala for local Indigenous arts and crafts
- Take the self-guided interpretive walk on the trail around Gayngaru (Town Lagoon) or Gadalathami (Town Beach)
- Visit the local beaches – East Woody, Middle Car Park, Cape Wirrwawuy or Town Beach for some stunning coastal views
- Visit the Roy (Malpi) Marika Lookout for a view of Nhulunbuy and the coast
- Escape to Banubanu Beach Retreat on Bremer Island for an impressive eco experience
- Jump on one of the blue water fishing charters based in Nhulunbuy/Gove
- Make time for a sunset drink at the Gove Boat Club or Surf Club
- Experience picturesque camping (with a permit) along the East Arnhem Land coast
Arnhem Land is Aboriginal Land Trust and permits are required for visiting beaches, parks, waterways and also accessing Aboriginal homelands.
Remember to plan your trip with these road safety tips before starting your Northern Territory drive adventure.
Scarica l’itinerario dell’Arnhem Way
Esplora sulla mappa
Punti salienti dell’itinerario Arnhem Way
Percorsi stradali nel Northern Territory
Cerca e prenota
Trova alberghi, tour, attività ed eventi nel endorse
Resta in contatto
Registrati per ricevere le ultime notizie, le offerte e le informazioni di viaggio relative al Northern Territory Informativa sulla privacy dei dati personali
I tuoi dati sono stati inviati. Controlla la tua casella di posta e clicca sul link fornito per confermare la registrazione.