The Outback Way is a great four-wheel driving adventure with legendary landscapes, colours and night skies.
The Outback Way is Australia’s longest shortcut and is an adventure you’ll never forget.
The drive is made up of seven inter-connecting roads that take you from Laverton, Western Australia, through to Alice Springs in the Northern Territory and finishes in Winton, Queensland.
The track cuts right through the middle of Australia and totals 2,800km in length.
You will need a four-wheel-drive to complete this track as you mainly travel along unsealed roads. This route almost halves the trip time if you were to travel via sealed roads…who doesn’t love a shortcut?
The Outback Way passes through many different types of climates, landscapes and Australian scenery so make sure you have your camera ready!
Outback Way Top 5 Must-Do's
- Fossick for gems at Gemtree
- Try a bush tucker tour in Alice Springs to try some local Indigenous foods
- Camel ride at sunset to take in the beauty of Uluru and Kata Tjuta
- Enjoy a dinner under the stars with Uluru as the backdrop at the Sounds of Silence dinner
- Take a side trip from Alice Springs and explore the waterholes and hiking trails of Tjoritja/West MacDonnell National Park