Viaggio in treno sul Ghan
Questo leggendario treno viaggia attraverso il centro del continente, visitando alcune delle destinazioni più spettacolari del Territory lungo il percorso.
Choose the Ghan for an immersive ‘top-to-toe’ view of Australia. Start or finish in Adelaide, South Australia, and ride right up to Darwin in the Northern Territory through Central Australia, with the ever-changing scenery unfolding out your window.
At almost 3000 kilometres, this legendary rail journey tracks through the heart of Australia. It’s named for the Afghan cameleers who once took cargo by camel along the same route more than 150 years ago.
Choose your journey
- The Ghan Expedition: Adelaide to Darwin (or vice versa) is a three night, four day journey via Katherine and Alice Springs. One way: 2979km.
- Darwin to Alice Springs (or vice versa) is a one night, two day adventure via Katherine, weaving your way through the Top End’s wet and wild landscapes. One way: 1420km.
- Adelaide to Alice Springs (or vice versa) is one a night, two day tour from the deep green pastures of South Australia to rich red outback splendour. One way: 1559km.
Then choose your level of luxury:
- Platinum service includes your own spacious cabin with full-size ensuite and private lounge with picture windows by day and double or twin beds by night.
- In Gold twin service, your comfortable sleeper cabin with ensuite and upper and lower berths converts to a three-seater lounge by day.
- In Gold single service, your compact sleeper cabin bed converts to a seat by day, with a shared bathroom in the carriage.
- Gold and Platinum service both include all meals, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, off-train excursions and short stops.
- In Red service, you’ll have a comfortable, reclining seat with generous legroom.
Eat like a king
The Ghan’s Queen Adelaide Restaurant car serves an all-inclusive menu prepared by on-board chefs using fresh local ingredients. The seasonal menu features dishes like saltwater barramundi and grilled kangaroo fillet.
Platinum and Gold service tickets include breakfast, two-course lunches and three-course dinners. Vegetarian, children’s and some special dietary meals are available when you book.
If you go Platinum, you can choose to dine in the Platinum Club, where you’ll be served three five-course meals a day: full or continental breakfasts, sumptuous lunches and a-la-carte dinners.
Go off the rails
Break up the journey with off-train tours along the way, with options in and around Alice Springs, Darwin, Katherine, Kings Canyon and Uluru.
Choose from a two-hour ‘whistle-stop’ tour, or explore a location for several days. All tours are scheduled to fit in with train timetables.
Tour options include a luxury coach, cruise boat, helicopter, plane or camel rides. Play golf or lawn bowls, canoe down a gorge, fly in a hot-air balloon, or go four-wheel driving. Take a water safari or join an outback pub tour.