This was the only cemetery in Darwin for the period 1870's to 1919.
Lot 3506, is a remnant section of the area proposed for a cemetery on the original survey of Palmerston in 1869. The cemetery is located along Goyder Road, next to the Motor Vehicle Registry. The site is in good condition and is well maintained. Some of the gravestones appear to have been stabilised at some stage.