This was the only cemetery in Darwin for the period 1870's to 1919.
Lot 3506, is a remnant section of the area proposed for a cemetery on the original survey of Palmerston in 1869. The cemetery is located along Goyder Road, next to the Motor Vehicle Registry. The site is in good condition and is well maintained. Some of the gravestones appear to have been stabilised at some stage.
Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids) Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.