Former Southport Police Station and Telegraph Station site
Southport was a significant township in the early development of the Northern Territory.
The remnants at Southport offer an example of early township life in the Northern Territory between 1872 and 1889. Little remains of both sites except for the floor slabs and foundation stones of the Police Station and the floor slab, section of stone wall and a well for the Telegraph Station.
Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids) Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss. Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.