skip to main content

Hi there, would you like to view this page on our USA site?

Old Playford Club Hotel

Built in 1889, this was the first hotel in Pine Creek.

Except for a period during World War II the building operated as an hotel until its closure in 1959 when the licence was transferred to the present hotel. There are two short periods when it is assumed that the hotel continued in operation but for which no information has been obtainable: 1891-1894 and 1921-1929. The building is of timber frame construction and galvanised iron sheeting; a style popular in the Top End between 1897-1937. It is one of only a few buildings in Pine Creek that are over 100 years old and demonstrates the streetscape of Pine Creek for the whole of the twentieth century. The building has been associated with a number of well-known local Pine Creek identities including the Dowling/Young family, which is well known in the Top End for their involvement in the hotel business. Within the block is a rectangular cement lined well of 6-8 metres depth. This appears to be one of two left in Pine Creek. In the past, these wells were common throughout the town.

  • Informazioni

    Attività

    • Scenic Drives

    Accessibilità

    Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids) Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.

  • Mappa

    Mappa

    Nelle vicinanze

    Nelle vicinanze

    Esplora il Northern Territory
    Percorsi stradali Tratte aeree

Occasioni e offerte di viaggio