9 Day Larapinta Trek: a journey towards Mt Sonder
The 9 day trek is a selection of highlights of the Larapinta Trail.
Starting in Alice Springs, hike along scenic ridges, gorges and mountain peaks, including the glorious Mt Sonder, the highest point on the Trail.. Carrying only a day pack as you walk, you'll trek through Wallaby Gap; the Serpentine, Ormiston and Redbank Gorges; Finke River; Rocky Bar Gap and more.. • Day 1 : Pick up Alice Springs, walk section 3 and Standley Chasm.
• Day 2 : Hike section 4 from Standley Chasm to Brinkley Bluff.
• Day 3 : Hike section 7 from Ellery Creek to Serpentine Gorge.
• Day 4 : Trek section 8 Serpentine Gorge to Serpentine Chalet Dam, including Counts Point.
• Day 5 : Explore the Ochre Pits, walk section 9 including Inarlanga Pass.
• Day 6 : Walk Ormiston Pound and Gorge.
• Day 7 : Walk section 10 Ormiston Gorge to Finke River.
• Day 8 : Summit Mt Sonder (section 12).
• Day 9 : Explore Ormiston Gorge region, Glen Helen, Simpsons Gap, return to Alice Springs.
Sign up to receive the latest news, deals and travel information about the Northern Territory. Data privacy
Your details have been submitted. Please check your email and click the link to confirm your subscription.