6 Day Larapinta Trek: highlights from the Larapinta Trail
The 6 day trek covers the Western sections of the Larapinta Trail, from Serpentine Gorge to Mt Sonder.
These are spectacular and varied hikes, taking you through some of the best examples of the West MacDonnell's vegetation, its gorges and views.. On each section, you are rewarded with views of Mt Sonder. It slips in and out of sight, getting closer all the time, until the final section: a hike up her slopes, to the highest point on the Larapinta Trail.. • Day 1 : Pick up Alice Springs, Simpsons Gap, walk Ormiston Pound and Gorge.
• Day 2 : Trek section 8 Serpentine Gorge to Serpentine Chalet Dam, including Counts Point.
• Day 3 : Hike section 10 Ormiston Gorge to Glen Helen/Finke River.
• Day 4 : Explore the Ochre Pits, walk section 9 including Inarlanga Pass, Serpentine Chalet.
• Day 5 : Summit Mt Sonder.
• Day 6 : Explore Ormiston Gorge region, Serpentine Gorge, Ellery Creek, Standley Chasm, return to Alice Springs.
Travel deals & offers
Looking for more holiday deals?
Sign up to receive the latest news, deals and travel information about the Northern Territory. Data privacy
Your details have been submitted. Please check your email and click the link to confirm your subscription.