Visitors will be taken into another world with the latest high-tech virtual reality and holographic technology.
See, exprience and learn through the wonder of technology as this facility brings history to life.
Relive the drama of the Bombing of Darwin Harbour that rocked Australia in 1942.
• Life size hologram of Rear Admiral Etheridge Grant was the Commanding Officer of the USS William B Preston narrates his own version of the Bombing of Darwin Harbour. Includes headset audio translation in Japanese, German, French and Simplified Chinese.
• Interactive story telling ghosts. Meet Prime Minister John Curtin and Japanese Pilot Hajime Toyoshima who answer selected questions from a touch panel.
• Virtual Reality of the bombing of Darwin Harbour. This production is the pinnacle of a movie production for VR. Never before seen production of this magnitude.
• Full size replica Japanese Zero aircraft hangs from the ceiling.
• Replica of Camilla the Flying Boat that escaped from Darwin Harbour.
• Window of 1942 and aerial view of the Bombing of Darwin Harbour that comes to life showing the bombing and aircraft fire of the first raid.
• Story Boards that provide very informative reading and pictures of what took place on February 19th 1942.
The RFDS Darwin Tourist Facility - Stokes Hill Wharf, Open 7 days.