See, experience and learn through the wonder of technology as this facility brings history to life.
Relive the drama of the Bombing of Darwin Harbour that rocked Australia in 1942.
• Life size hologram of Rear Admiral Etheridge Grant was the Commanding Officer of the USS William B Preston narrates his own version of the Bombing of Darwin Harbour. Includes headset audio translation in Japanese, German, French and Simplified Chinese.
• Interactive story telling ghosts. Meet Prime Minister John Curtin and Japanese Pilot Hajime Toyoshima who answer selected questions from a touch panel.
• Virtual Reality of the bombing of Darwin Harbour. This production is the pinnacle of a movie production for VR. Never before seen production of this magnitude.
• Full size replica Japanese Zero aircraft hangs from the ceiling.
• Replica of Camilla the Flying Boat that escaped from Darwin Harbour.
• Window of 1942 and aerial view of the Bombing of Darwin Harbour that comes to life showing the bombing and aircraft fire of the first raid.
• Story Boards that provide very informative reading and pictures of what took place on February 19th 1942.
The RFDS Darwin Tourist Facility - Stokes Hill Wharf, Open 7 days.