Groote Eylandt Touring Company
Groote Eylandt offers some of the most diverse fishing grounds in the world, including some 300 square km of prime, virtually unfished water.
From novices and young people to experienced anglers we cater for everybody, whether you want to try reef, bluewater, sportfishing, estuary or fly fishing. Our restaurant chefs will also cook and prepare your catch for you.
Groote Eylandt also features some of the most well preserved and vivid rock art in the world, along with unspoiled bush and pristine waterfalls & natural swimming pools.
The “Anindilyakwan People” the Traditional Owners of the Groote Archipelago invite you to explore this pristine environment and share their ancient culture.
A special feature for visitors to Groote Eylandt is the option to design an itinerary incorporating your a particular area of interest and spend extended time with Traditional owners.
- Free Wifi
Groote Eylandt, in the Gulf of Carpentaria, features some of the most exciting fishing grounds in the world.
Our core fishing offering at Groote Eylandt is also suitable for everybody—from novices and young people to experienced anglers.
Your safari includes:
- Return airfares from Darwin
- Twin share accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner each day
- 3, 4 or 5 days of guided fishing
- All transfers on Groote Eylandt
- On a typical three-day safari, you’ll experience reef, blue water and estuary fishing and tangle with hard-hitting tropical species from marlin and sailfish on day one to the iconic GT on day three.
- Jigging deep water lures for golden snapper, nannygai and red emperor
- Trolling and casting for Spanish mackerel, giant barracuda and longtail tuna
- Trolling and switch-baiting for marlin and sailfish
- Popper fishing for enormous queenfish and GTs
- Casting and trolling for barramundi and mangrove Jack
Groote Eylandt Explorer.
Over the course of 4 hours you will explore Groote Eylandt by 4wd, taking in the past and present of Groote Eylandt
• Historic mission church
• Market garden tour
• CDP office area and indigenous kitchen visit
• Cave paintings
• Lunch at the top river crossing
• Bush Medijina – locally handmade soap, lip balms etc from local ingredients
• Visit the naked pools
• Milner bay port visit
This tour will take you to see ancient rock art at Hanging Rock on the northern tip of the island. Artwork is located sporadically throughout the bush. Intricate and very well-preserved art suddenly “appears” on second look while exploring the area. Access is via boat and a small walk from the beach. After visiting Hanging Rock there is time to enjoy some leisurely fishing in the world class fishing grounds of the gulf.
This tour includes all transport, a local guide, light tackle, lunch and non-alcoholic drinks.
This is a 6 hour tour however we can operate a modified half day tour on request.
Enjoy a snapshot of Groote Eylandt on this 2 hour 4WD adventure and take a glance into the history of Groote Eylandt.
-Historic mission church
-Lunch at the top river crossing
-Milner Bay Port visit