Getting around by taxiin the Northern Territory
Hail the designated driver or just book online. In the NT, taxis can booked online, by phone and at taxi ranks, or simply hailed on the street.
All taxis have fare meters, and many companies have mini-buses, private hire cars, and taxis equipped with wheelchair accessibility (check when you make your booking).
Taxis operate 24 hours per day in Darwin and surrounds. Taxi ranks are located at Darwin International Airport, the Knuckey Street end of Smith Street Mall and outside Mindil Beach Casino Resort, plus on Mitchell Street at night on weekends.
In Alice Springs, taxis are available at the airport, train station, and at taxi ranks around town.
Uber is available in Darwin. Just download the app or visit the Uber website for more details.
Taxi companies in the Northern Territory
- Darwin Radio Taxis phone: 131 008 or (08) 8985 0700
- Blue Taxi Company, phone: (08) 89 803777 or 13 82 94
- Arafura Shuttle, phone: (08) 8981 3300
- Metro Mini Bus, phone: (08) 89830577
- People Movers NT - Mini-Bus Service, phone: (08) 8983 2111
- Alice Springs Taxis, phone: (08) 8952 1877 or 131 008
- 13 CABS Alice Springs, phone: 13 2227
- A&P Private Hire, phone: (08) 8953 3030
- Katherine Cabs, phone: (08) 8972 2925
- Katherine Taxis, phone: (08) 8972 1999 or 131 008
- Nhulunbuy Radio Taxis, phone: (08) 8987 1144 or 131 008
- Tennant Creek Taxi Service, phone: (08) 8962 3626 or 131 008