skip to main content

Qantas Guinea Airways Hangar

Alice Springs Darwin Katherine Ulu r u Kings Canyon

The hangar is a pre-fabricated building developed by the Sidney-Williams Company and erected in Darwin in 1934 for Qantas Empire Airways Ltd in time for the Centenary Air race.

It was used by the first Australia-England air service operated by Qantas and Empire Airways and later by the first Adelaide–Darwin air service operated by Qantas and Guinea Airways. By 1946 the Ross Smith airstrip ceased to be operational and the hangar was used as a mechanical workshop and later a store.

保持联系

注册接收北领地旅游局提供的最新信息优惠项目旅游资讯

RD2818786B8E30