Standley Chasm – Angkerle Atwatye
Standley Chasm Angkerle Atwatye is regarded as a must-see spectacular geological and significant cultural icon of Central Australia.
Surrounded by the West MacDonnell Ranges National Park, it’s located in a private flora and fauna reserve owned by the Iwupataka Land Trust.
A unique Aboriginal owned and operated enterprise, Angkerle Aboriginal Corporation is owned by the local community members who are direct descendants of the Arrernte Aboriginal people, that have lived in this area for tens of thousands of years.
Walking access to the dramatic 80m sheer rockface of the chasm is along a well maintained trail (1.2km/15 minutes each way), following the natural creek bed with seating and interpretative signage.
Angkerle Atwatye “the Gap of Water” is a striking geological formation that has significant botanical, bird-watching & wildlife photography appeal. It’s an important cultural site for Arrernte women, and now provides a backdrop for authentic cross-cultural presentations, bush tucker tours, art workshops and language classes.
• Kiosk café: barista coffees, home baked scones, hot lunches, ice creams. Free picnic tables/BBQ/toilets
• Group catering by arrangement, with coach parking facilities
• Souvenir shop with hand-painted Aboriginal crafts made on site including boomerangs at workshop prices
• Various campsites for walkers/groups/RV power.
- Indicative Prices tickets from $10 to $12.00
Adult $12 Concession $10 (Seniors/Students/NT Residents) Alice Springs Locals $1 - only with ID Overnight Camping+ Multiple Access to Chasm $18.50 per person
- Child tickets from $5 to $7
children included in Family ticket 2A +2C $30
- Caravan / Camper Trailer / Campervan Sites / Campsites
- Coach Parking
- Conference/Convention Facilities
- Enquiry Desk
- Family Friendly
- Food and Refreshments
- Lawn / Gardens
- Non Smoking
- Picnic Area
- Public Toilet
- Shop / Gift Shop
Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids) Caters for people who use a wheelchair. Caters for people with allergies and intolerances.
- COVID Clean Practicing Business
- ATEC COVID Ready/ WTTC Safe Travels Stamp
- COVID Safe
- Quality Tourism Accreditation
- Savannah Guides
- Visitor Information Centre National Accreditation
Australia vacation packages
Great Barrier Reef, Uluru & Sydney
Luxury experience from $11,429
Journey to the Red Centre, Uluru and Sydney from $3,399
Uluru, Kings Canyon and Alice Springs
Essence of the Red Centre from $1,249
Darwin and Kakadu
Top End adventure from $5,499
Looking for more vacation packages?
Sign up to receive the latest news, deals and travel information about the Northern Territory. Data privacy
Your details have been submitted. Please check your email and click the link to confirm your subscription.