National Indigenous Fashion Awards
Come together on Larrakia Country for this year’s National Indigenous Fashion Awards (NIFA) sunset ceremony at the iconic Deckchair Cinema!
The NIFA provides a vibrant and exciting platform to celebrate the innovation, diversity and ethical practices of Australia’s First Nations peoples in fashion and textiles, whilst contributing to the capacity building of the sector.
Presented by the Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair Foundation’s (DAAFF) Indigenous Fashion Projects (IFP), the NIFA recognise and showcase excellence across six award categories, providing a unique opportunity for the Australian and international fashion community to connect to the world’s oldest living cultures.
The prestigious awards include;
– Traditional Adornment Award, supported by the Northern Territory Government
– Community Collaboration Award, supported by Canberra Centre
– Business Achievement Award, supported by Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair Foundation
– Textile Design Award, supported by RMIT
– Wearable Art Award, supported by Robina Town Centre
– Fashion Designer Award, supported by Country Road
NIFA is supported by the Northern Territory Government, with thanks to Principal Media Partner NITV, and industry partners Canberra Centre, Robina Town Centre, QIC, Country Road and RMIT.