This former School was initially constructed in 1930.
In 1945, as a result of rapidly growing enrolments, a kindergarten and additional classroom (with a distinctive octagonal shape) were constructed. On 20 September 1950, the first broadcast of the ‘School of the Air’ was made from here. In 1965, the school closed and became derelict. It was saved by the National Trust, which currently occupies the building.
Due to current health advice on social distancing, please contact the business for the most up to date information regarding opening times and services.