Katherine Overland Telegraph Pylons
The site consists of two long telegraph posts anchored to a high stone base stabilised by wire struts.
There is a pylon on the north bank and the south bank of the Katherine River separated by some 400 metres. The Overland Telegraph Pylons were built in 1898-99 to solve the problem of the Katherine River when flood waters interfered with the wires of the line thus cutting off communication during the wet season. The two towers are 30 foot (9.1 metres) stone cairns with two 50 foot (15.2 metres) steel poles in each.
- Picnic Area
Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids) Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss. Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.