The site comprises remnants of two WWII Gun Emplacements and associated infrastructure including a small control building immediately adjacent to the gun emplacements and a small concrete structure some distance away.
The guns are no longer extant.
Conceived as part of the defences of Darwin Harbour in early 1941, the 6-inch gun emplacements of the Wagait Battery were planned as an adjunct to the West Point Battery. It was a time when the threat posed by the Japanese in the Pacific was at its highest and when war in the Pacific was likely. Construction commenced in late 1941 however the Japanese raids of 19 February 1942 saw work postponed for some months.
Due to current health advice on social distancing, please contact the business for the most up to date information regarding opening times and services.