Central Australia is a special place for all of us Trek Larapinta crew.
Our dream is for our tours to connect people with the land.
Our Super 6 day trek offers walkers the chance to really challenge themselves, as we tackle the hardest sections of the Larapinta Trail. This is not a trek for the faint hearted or inexperienced as each days walk is rated as either hard or very hard by NT Parks and Wildlife. The rewards for taking on this challenging trek are immense, with all of the most spectacular views of the Larapinta Trail on offer.
• Day 1 : Pick up Alice Springs, walk section 3 Jay Creek to Standley Chasm.
• Day 2 : Walk section 4 Standley Chasm to Birthday Waterhole.
• Day 3 : Hike section 5 Birthday Waterhole to Hugh Gorge.
• Day 4 : Trek section 8 Serpentine Gorge to Serpentine Chalet Dam, including Counts Point.
• Day 5 : Walk section 9 Serpentine Chalet Dam to Ormiston Gorge.
• Day 6 : Summit Mt Sonder (section 12), return to Alice Springs.
This tour is designed so that days vary between 6 and 12 hours of challenging to very challenging bushwalking, it is essential to be very well prepared physically and mentally to take on this trek