Skip to main content

Adelaide River Railway Station

The Adelaide River Railway Siding and Railway Bridge, located on the Stuart Highway, were constructed as part of the first leg of the North Australia Railway, or NAR, which operated from 1888 until 1976.

The Adelaide River Railway Siding was the first main station complex on the North Australian Railway from Darwin and Pine Creek. During World War II it was of major significance as Adelaide River was an important military centre, with the main hospital situated north of the township along with a number of Australian and Allied bases in the area.

Subscribe

Sign up to receive the latest news, deals and travel information about the Northern Territory. Data privacy