Bukmak Yolngu Mala Aboriginal Knowledge and Culture
An exclusive opportunity to experience the culture of Elcho Island from remote East Arnhem Land, right here in Darwin.
Led by respected elders, we invite you to join Bukmak Yolngu Mala – all people, together – to share in this immersive 4-hour workhop that will transform your relationship with yourself and the world around you.
- Learn to find and use bush-tucker and bush medicine
- Hear the creation story of the Morning Star told through art
- Learn to find, prepare and weave using the leaves of Pandanus
- Learn about Yolngu hand language, used extensively throughout Arnhem Land
- Learn to see the world around you through different eyes
Sign up to receive the latest news, deals and travel information about the Northern Territory. Data privacy
Your details have been submitted. Please check your email and click the link to confirm your subscription.