An exclusive opportunity to experience the culture of Elcho Island from remote East Arnhem Land, right here in Darwin.
Led by respected elders, we invite you to join Bukmak Yolngu Mala – all people, together – to share in this immersive 4-hour workhop that will transform your relationship with yourself and the world around you.
- Learn to find and use bush-tucker and bush medicine
- Hear the creation story of the Morning Star told through art
- Learn to find, prepare and weave using the leaves of Pandanus
- Learn about Yolngu hand language, used extensively throughout Arnhem Land
- Learn to see the world around you through different eyes