skip to main content

Qantas Guinea Airways Hangar

Alice Springs Darwin Katherine Ulu r u Kings Canyon

The hangar is a pre-fabricated building developed by the Sidney-Williams Company and erected in Darwin in 1934 for Qantas Empire Airways Ltd in time for the Centenary Air race.

It was used by the first Australia-England air service operated by Qantas and Empire Airways and later by the first Adelaide–Darwin air service operated by Qantas and Guinea Airways. By 1946 the Ross Smith airstrip ceased to be operational and the hangar was used as a mechanical workshop and later a store.

  • Informazioni

    Attività

    • Historical Sites and Heritage Locations

    Strutture

    • Carpark
    • Picnic Area

    Attività

    • Walk

    Accessibilità

    Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids) Caters for people who use a wheelchair. Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person. Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss. Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.

  • Mappa

    Mappa

    Nelle vicinanze

    Nelle vicinanze

    Esplora il Northern Territory
    Percorsi stradali Tratte aeree

Offerte viaggi