Ce site utilise des cookies.
The hangar is a prefabricated building developed by the Sidney-Williams Company and erected in Darwin in 1934 for Qantas Empire Airways Ltd
The hangar is a pre-fabricated building developed by the Sidney-Williams Company and erected in Darwin in 1934 for Qantas Empire Airways Ltd in time for the Centenary Air race. It was used by the first Australia-England air service operated by Qantas and Empire Airways and later by the first Adelaide–Darwin air service operated by Qantas and Guinea Airways. By 1946 the Ross Smith airstrip ceased to be operational and the hangar was used as a mechanical workshop and later a store.
Suitable for guests with sufficient mobility to climb two or three steps, but would benefit from fixtures and fittings to aid balance. Suitable for guests who depend on the use of a wheelchair in a seated position at all times. Suitable for guests with high support needs who uses a hoist and always travel with a carer. Suitable for guests with a hearing impairment, from mild hearing loss to profoundly deaf. Suitable for guests with a vision impairment. Attained by providing for guests with partial vision impairment or total loss of useable vision.