skip to main content

Nguiu Catholic Church Precinct, Bathurst Island

The Catholic Church precinct at Nguiu, was established as the Bathurst Island Mission by Bishop Francis Xavier Gsell MSC in 1940.

The Church Precinct comprises St Therese’s Church, the nearby Presbytery, and a small radio shack. The buildings are all timber frame construction with timber weatherboard external cladding reminiscent of Queensland domestic architecture. The buildings date from 1941 and were constructed by Peter De Hayr and Tiwi workmen.

旅游优惠项目与特价

保持联系

注册接收北领地旅游局提供的最新信息优惠项目旅游资讯

RD2818786B1085