Two Iconic Territory Stories in One Iconic Location. Enjoy the heroic tales of the birth and growth of the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) and relive the drama of the Bombing of Darwin Harbour that rocked Australia in 1942.
See, experience & learn through the wonder of technology as this facility brings history to life using;
- Life size story telling holograms
- Interactive story telling ghost hosts
- A decommissioned RFDS Pilatus PC 12 aircraft
- Virtual Reality of the bombing of Darwin Harbour
- Life size replica Japanese Zero aircraft
- Window of 1942 comes to life
The first story is the Royal Flying Doctor Service, affectionately known throughout Australia as the RFDS. Founded by the Reverend John Flynn, it began its aero medical operations in the Northern Territory in 1939.
The second story featured is the Bombing of Darwin on 19th February 1942. The bombing of the harbour brought destruction to the city of Darwin, and many of the experiences and stories of what happened that day.
The ultimate Darwin experience. The RFDS Darwin Tourist Facility - Stokes Hill Wharf, Open 7 days.