See, exprience and learn through the wonder of technoloy;
- 2 Life size holograms of John Flynn and Rear Admiral Etheridge Grant
- Virtual Reality of the bombing of Darwin Harbour
- Interactive story telling ghost host
- A decommissioned RFDS Pilatus PC 12 aircraft
- Life size replica Japanese Zero aircraft
- Window of 1942 and Bombing Platform comes to life every 20 minutes
Two Iconic Territory Stories in One Iconic Location. Enjoy the heroic tales of the birth and growth of the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) and relive the drama of the Bombing of Darwin Harbour that rocked Australia in 1942.
The first story is the Royal Flying Doctor Service, affectionately known throughout Australia as the RFDS. Founded by the Reverend John Flynn, it began its aero medical operations in the Northern Territory in 1939.
The second story featured is the Bombing of Darwin on 19th February 1942. The bombing of the harbour brought destruction to the city of Darwin, and many of the experiences and stories of what happened that day.
See what everyone is talking about. The RFDS Darwin Tourist Facility - Stokes Hill Wharf, Open 7 days.