Government House is the oldest European building in the Northern Territory and residence of the Administrator.

More information

Government House is the oldest European building in the Northern Territory and residence of the Administrator. The drawing room is the oldest part of the house, having been completed in 1871. The main stone building was completed in 1879. The verandahs were enclosed with louvres in the late 1930s during the tenure of Charles Lydiard Aubrey Abbott (1937-1946).