Stop by the first main station complex on the North Australia Railway, which also played an important role in the Adelaide River military centre.

More information

The Adelaide River Railway Siding and Railway Bridge, located on the Stuart Highway, were constructed as part of the first leg of the North Australia Railway, or NAR, which operated from 1888 until 1976.

The Adelaide River Railway Siding was the first main station complex on the North Australian Railway from Darwin and Pine Creek. During World War II it was of major significance as Adelaide River was an important military centre, with the main hospital situated north of the township along with a number of Australian and Allied bases in the area.

Opening times:
Open daily from 9am to 4pm.
Entry cost:
Free entry
Facilities:
  • Car park
  • Picnic Area
  • Public Toilet
  • Shaded Area
  • Visitor Information Centre