Remote Fishing at it's best, Groote Eylandt, in the Gulf of Carpentaria features some of the most exciting fishing grounds in the world.
Groote Eylandt, in the Gulf of Carpentaria, features some of the most exciting fishing grounds in the world. Our core fishing offering at Groote Eylandt is suitable for everybody—from novices and young people to experienced anglers.
A typical safari includes:
- Return airfares from Darwin
- Twin share accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner each day
- 3, 4 or 5 days of guided fishing
- All transfers on Groote Eylandt,
On a typical three-day safari, you’ll experience reef, blue-water and estuary fishing and tangle with hard-hitting tropical species from marlin and sailfish on day one to the iconic GT on day three.
- Jigging deepwater lures for golden snapper, nannygai and red emperor
- Trolling and casting for Spanish mackerel, giant barracuda and longtail tuna
- Trolling and switch-baiting for marlin and sailfish
- Popper fishing for enormous queenfish and GTs
- Casting and trolling for barramundi and mangrove Jack
1 Bougainvillea Drive, Alyangula, Northern Territory, Australia
M: 61 0400 897 279
Sign up to receive the latest news, deals and travel information from Tourism NT.
Your details have been successfully submitted.