The Residency is a single-storey building designed specifically for arid conditions with a central masonry core of rooms.

More information

The Residency is a single-storey building designed specifically for arid conditions with a central masonry core of rooms, constructed of hand-made sand and cement blocks (patterned to resemble stonework), and surrounding verandah of lightweight timber framing and low verandah wall. Roof is of corrugated galvanised iron. Since its construction in 1928, the "Residency", situated on Lot 6148 at the corner of Parsons and Hartley Streets, Town of Alice Springs, has become a tangible symbol of the brief independence and Vice-Regal power Central Australia had from North Australia in Northern Territory history and, combined with other factors, is highly valued by the community.

Activities:
  • Self-Guided